Monday, December 19, 2011

Bicycles

No, I'm not going to hate on bikes. The current bicycle craze is a pretty good thing, I guess. 3 bikers rode past my car as I climbed into it after work tonight. It was very dark and none of them had lights. (That's very very very bad). They flipped a u-turn in the middle of a busy street, right in front of a fast moving vehicle. I rolled down my window and yelled, "Get some lights!"
One of the dudes yelled back, "Yeah, okay. Right." You know that tone: don't tell me what to do because you don't know a damn thing, dad? Yeah, that snot-nosed bratty freshly-turned "I just turned 21 and can go to bars now, so I'm the shit" tone. That tone pisses me off like like none other. I HATE the over-privileged attitudes a lot of the Portland young adults have. That, and their crappy haircuts. And poor bicycle ettiquete... Anyway, I fumed over it a bit. After I drove about 10 blocks, I noticed I didn't have my headlights on. Yes, stupid but true. (LC)

p.s. 200th post!

1 comment: