Sunday, February 23, 2014

Spatial Dilemmas

It rains a lot in Portland.  I'm sure everyone knows that already.  PDXers have recently gotten some flack for the claim that true Portlanders don't use umbrellas.  The thing is that a lot of people here use umbrellas.  I, for one, side with the claim, though.  Umbrellas may have a practical purpose, and some people find them fashionable or cute.  I think they take up way too much space.  Ever walk on a sidewalk and someone holding an umbrella walks past you? If the sidewalk isn't wide enough that thing could take out your eye if you don't duck.  If 2 people with umbrellas walk side by side, then you could be up shit creek.  Ever get stuck behind an umbrella-holder going into the building?  The umbrella-holder stops, shakes it off, and closes it while you have to wait on that clueless mf.  Get my drift?  Well, that's how I feel about umbrellas. Here's Bushido: (LC)

No comments:

Post a Comment