Saturday, June 9, 2012

Underdogs

Like I said before, I really don't know much about Pugilism, but I try to keep up on the big fights. Bailey was clearly losing the fight to Jones by a pretty large margin. Bailey hardly threw anything the whole fight. He did get a knockdown on Jones late in round 10, but most of round 11 was Jones pushing the action. Bailey knocked him out in bloody fashion near the end of round 11. My favorite part was the post-fight interview, though. Start watching around 1:00 in... "That's my god's gift right there...he gave me this...you know, my mom was a fighter, so, you know, this right here came natural..." His mom must hit HARD. Anyway, congratulations to Randall Bailey. At 37 years old, he is the new IBF Welterweight Champ. I'm all sucker for underdogs and the old guys... On another note, I became a fan of Tim Bradley Jr. tonight. The man fights with a lot of heart...still, he clearly lost that fight. It's probably the most tweeted statement of the night, but I have to agree...Pacquiao was robbed. Ok, 2 more and I'm done: How much do judges make? And, What kind of protection do these judges have? (hopefully something stronger than 10-year-old prophylactic.) (LC)

No comments:

Post a Comment