Sunday, October 30, 2011

Patriotism

My job doesn't have plastic bags. Just paper. I know it's Portland and it rains a lot here, so a plastic bag would be nice sometimes, but paper is what we got and that's just how it is. It's kind of a political thing here in Portland, for stores to go plastic-bagless. My store rocked the paper bag thing long before it became hip around here, though. I'm pretty sure it's not for any political reason, I think we just get a good deal on them or something, and the owners always watch the bottom line. We're in a recession right now, and record stores are feelin' it too, so sometimes ya gotta go the less expensive route. Even with bags.

Anyway, sometimes we get customers at my store that seem to find it personally offensive that we don't have plastic bags. Sheesh. Tough crowd to please. They're probably the same folks who changed french fries to freedom fries. Remember a while back to when, for a short time, we sang "I'm Proud To Be An American" instead of the national anthem at events? Fanatics. Seriously, just be grateful that I offered you a bag for FREE. (LC)

2 comments:

  1. I ate escargot last week, and you know what came with it? Real French Fries!! The best I have ever had. Eat your heart out McDonald's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you gotta watch the bottom line. Sounds like a tough crowd.

    ReplyDelete