Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lunch break

I went over to Club 21 for lunch today. Club 21 is a bar that my co-workers kept telling me to go to and try their "amazing" burgers. It was full of 1950s greaser poser types. I got in line at the bar behind one of these greasers and waited patiently. After this poser grabbed his drinks, he turned to me and kinda got in my face and said, "I'm not done." I was kind of taken aback and responded with, "Well, okay then." I think he was afraid that I'd cut in and steal his drinks. Anyway, after pondering the interaction for a moment, I really should have responded with, "Hey 1950s greaser poser dude, I'm a late 1960s Vietnam Vet poser dude. If you ever talk to me that way again I'll cut your ear off." I could have then flipped over a table and ducked. Anyway, for your information, I ordered a burger with fries and a diet coke. I ordered, ate, and was back at work in under 30 minutes. The food was okay, but the burger was very salty. I can still feel it in my chest. Very underwhelming. (LC)

No comments:

Post a Comment