Saturday, February 25, 2012

I got called an asshole the other day.

I went in to grab a cup of coffee before I went to work the other afternoon, like I normally do. There was a loud dude in the shop thinking he was funny. They had to finish brewing a pot before I could get mine, so I sat and waited patiently. I was a little grumpy because I was decompressing from the commute over. I was politely keeping my mood to myself, though. That loud dude started saying, "Hey old man!", "What's shakin' old man?", "Old man...". Finally, I turned to him and say, "Are you talking to me?" He said, "Yeah. What's shakin?" The fresh pot was finished at that point, I got my cup, nodded to him, then left. As I walked out, I heard the loud dude say, "That guy's an asshole!" You know, I really don't like making small talk with strangers. I'm a live and let live kind of guy. Sure, I'll hold the door for strangers. If I drop something, it's nice when a stranger hands it to me. Politeness is very good. I just don't want to deal with that other stupid crap. It's pointless and exhausting. Know what I mean? Besides, I'm not that old. That dude looked to be at least as old as I am. Sorry for the long post. (LC)

No comments:

Post a Comment