Sunday, May 4, 2014

Fight Review

So Floyd "Money" Mayweather fought Marcos Maidana last night.  Not knowing too much about Maidana (other than ko'ing Adrien Broner, which was a big deal.  seriously),  I was pretty sure Money was going to walk away with this one.  C'mon, he went into this one with a record of 45-0.  That's right.  No losses.  What was Maidana gonna bring that the pound-for-pound king wouldn't be able to handle?...Well, Floyd is now 46-0.  But DAYUM, did Maidana bring it last night.  He made sure Floyd had to fight rather than dodging punches and connecting a jab that he's been doing a lot as of late.  It was a great fight and I hope it happens again.  Now, Mayweather's walkouts are generally an entertaining spectacle.  He had the usual walkout people with him.  He had his cornermen, Lil Wayne, and (I think, but not 100%) Bieber.  This time though, he had a bunch of circus performers, as well.  You know, there were jugglers and dancers and all that b.s.  It was entertaining.  Here's a quick pick of Money and crew:
Here's the thing:  That is definitely Lil Wayne, but I can't tell if that's the real Bieber or one of those girl impersonators.  I guess that's a popular thing now.  (For the record, I have no problem with that whatsoever.)  Bieber has walked out with Money in the past, I know that.  I just couldn't tell if that was really him last night.  That is all.
Anyway, the rest of the main card was good.  All went the distance.  The guys that were supposed to win, won.  I like that kid Amir Khan, even though he's kind of a dirty fighter.  Broner got back on the winning track. During the in-ring post-fight interview, Broner declared that he is a CAN fighter.  He's an "AfriCAN who just beat the f@*! out of a MexiCAN" (yeah, real classy).  Well, you gotta do something to draw attention these days, even if it comes across seeming explicitly racist.  Oh well, Progress: 1 step forward, 2 steps back...Love won his fight against someone I can't remember his name (google it).  Love almost got knocked the F out, but came back and took control.  Well, there's my review.  Oh, I guess there was a riot at MGM after that.  Many claim they heard gun shots... I hate to admit it, but I can't wait for the next Floyd Money Mayweather fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment