Thursday, November 8, 2012

I'm a jerk #2

Maniac Lok called the store the other night asking about his new album which he has consignment. I couldn't hear very well, but he went by his real name (which I will not disclose here), but I had to ask him his artist name 3 times and I still couldn't make it out. So, being the jerk that I am, and too embarrassed to ask him to say it again, I pretended to look. I then asked him how many he left at the store. He said 2, so I told him we still have those 2. He asked, "Are you sure?" I said, "Uh, yep." He said, "Thank you for your time," then hung up. Knowing who this guy is by his real name, I realized I messed up. The dude is legit. So I pulled out the consignment book and looked through all the different forms for everyone who has a consignment with us. (There are a lot, because everyone thinks their band will make it big time if they have their CD in our store. If you ask me, it's a waste of time because nobody buys consignments at our store.) So, I find his form and see the name is "Maniac Lok". I run out there and see that we only have ONE copy of his new album. I straight up lied to him, after a friend of his probably came into the store and bought a copy, then called him up and told him. I felt terrible and tried to call him back twice, but his message service is too full of messages for me to leave one for him. So Maniac Lok, if you ever read this, I'm sorry I lied to you. Sometimes I have a hard time hearing things over the phone, but that is no excuse. I should have sucked it up and asked you one more time...I am sorry. This guy used to play for the Trailblazers. That was how I knew who he was by his real name. He has a barbershop in NE Portland, in case you ever need a trim. (LC)

No comments:

Post a Comment