Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Ultimate Warrior is officially dead...

...and that really. bums. me out.  He was on Monday Night RAW just last night.  I watched it.  He cut a classic Ultimate Warrior promo in the ring (which he walked to with a noticeable limp).  He shook the ropes just like old times.  Warrior was inducted into the WWE Hall Of Fame before Wrestlemania 30 last weekend.  He gave a good speech.  Unfortunately for everyone, I think he had a lot more to say than he did.  Now we won't ever get that autobiography.  Bummer.  That would be a book I would like to read.  I'm not the wrestling fan that I used to be.  A lot of that has to do with the quality in today's wrestlers.  Warrior wasn't necessarily old school, because wrestling goes back well before he got started.  He was a huge part of the era that had the largest impression on me, though. Here are my top 5: 1. Hulk Hogan 2. Macho Man 3. Roddy Piper 4. The Ultimate Warrior 5. Mick Foley Anyway, here's the promo Warrior cut for Wrestlemania VI (here). Warrior won the belt from Hogan after playing the most glorious game of Mercy. You should google that match. One of the greatest of all time. (LC)

No comments:

Post a Comment