Monday, March 3, 2014

choice body art

I watched Smealinho Rama fight on t.v. the other night.  He showed potential in a decision win.  I couldn't help but notice the portrait of Iron Mike on his stomach.  Now I'm a pretty big fan of Mike Tyson.  I think the man has done a lot to try redeem himself of all the crazy/bad things he did in his past.  I watched his Vegas show on HBO a couple months back.  He told a bunch of stories from his past.  The documentary, "Tyson" is really worth watching, too.  You have to remember that Tyson used to completely wreck great fighters in seconds when he was coming up.  Ali might have been the greatest, in and out of the ring.  He didn't ruin scary dudes like Tyson in his prime, though.  You gotta remember, too, that Tyson was almost always the much smaller fighter than his opponents. He had amazing footwork.  Anyway, why did Rama choose to get a tattoo of Tyson's face post-facial tattoo/ear-bite/baby-eating/and rape conviction?  Is it because he admires the man that Tyson is trying to be now?  Personally, If I was a fighter, and I thought I had to have a Mike Tyson portrait on my stomach, I would probably get a younger version when he was turning grown-ass men's lights off.  On the other hand, Rama is only 21 years old.  Older Tyson is scarier-looking, anyway.  Sorry for the long post.  Here's a jam from Condor:

(LC)

2 comments:

  1. I like the Condor tune. Real primal. I could watch a Tyson fight with it as a soundtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to offer up some thoughts on this, but there's no doubt in my mind that Chuck Klosterman has already been there and done that, so I'll just offer up that it's completely embarrassing every time I see a grown man wearing a sports jersey with another man's name sprawled across the back. Even moreso if said grown man is sitting at the bar at one of the local breastaraunts with his arms folded, pretending he doesn't have a boner.

    ReplyDelete