Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Favorite Prince album

Seriously, it would be easy to go with something like "Controversy", "Sign O' The Times", or "Purple Rain". Don't get me wrong, I pretty much like all Prince, so my choice might come as a bit of a shock. My favorite Prince album is the "Batman" OST from 1989. It may not have hits like "Little Red Corvette" or "Raspberry Beret", but it has some serious jams on it and the album's overall flow is fantastic. It opens with "The Future" which is a mid-tempo warm-up groove. the album also has the danceable "Lemon Crush", the wild "Partyman", the signature ballad "The Arms of Orion", and closes with a bang of a track "BatDance". I would post some videos but I don't think Prince likes his music on YouTube. I don't know, you might have better luck. But seriously though, do yourself a favor and pick this album up at your nearest used cd store. You won't regret it... (LC)

1 comment: