Monday, March 11, 2013

NOFX

I've been thinking about this since last night.  I listen to a lot of different music every day in my line of work.  A lot of it is very good, some of it is forgettable, and at times, some music gets really tired.  Around 9:45 PM last night, I decided to play NOFX at work.  You know, that one punk band...always play the Warped Tour...Anyway, I decided to play NOFX last night.  Not because I'm a huge fan or anything, or because I felt like people should here it.  I played it because it was something easy that I hadn't heard in a while  (and it's not that crappy Mumford & Sons group).  Well, it wasn't even a minute into the 1st track and some lady came up to the counter, rolled her eyes, and said, "I have to get out of here right now."  (This woman looked maybe a couple of years younger than me, but a little more weathered...if you know what I mean...oxydized, a little patina on the skin, if you will.)  This took me off guard, so I responded with, "I take it you don't like punk." The dude standing with her pipes up snarkily: "This is punk?"  I let it go just to get through the transaction and get these jerks outta the store.  It kept bugging me, though.  Those jerks JUDGED me for playing some crappy, easy-to-digest punk band.  I can't help but judge them back by their attitude and appearance.  Not the type of folks I'd ask for dining tips on which fork to use...Anyway, I could rant on about how customer-service folks have to take a lot of crap from those they serve and whatnot.  I appreciate all business that we get, but  I'm just saying that you better be cool or I will rip you off.  I will wipe my nose before I hand back your change.  I will give you change in pennies.  I will imprint your credit card.  I will swipe your credit card over the demagnetizer so every time you use your card the cashier will have to hand enter it and hate you until you get a new one.  I will "accidentally" drop your merchandise.  I will start talking to someone else while I ring you up.  I will walk away.  I will cough without covering my mouth.  I will crumple your receipt.  I will waste YOUR time.  Only 3 pieces of advice I have to give to customers: 1. Be polite (not too much to ask, is it?).  2. Be a prepared consumer (help us help you).  3. Don't be a dumbass jerkwad. (LC)

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on the Mumford & Sons... oh, and the rest of it too. Is it too much to ask to show some respect to those who are serving you? I think not.

    ReplyDelete