Tuesday, July 3, 2012

In the gutter

My condo complex had it's gutters cleaned out a few days ago. I was in the parking lot working on the jeep. Wait. I have to go back. I was in a fender-bender in May. For once it wasn't my fault. A 16-year-old girl cut a little close during rush hour in her dad's SUV. She wasn't looking. Probably on the phone. The cops showed up and she was on the phone when they tried to talk to her. She wasn't wearing very much for a young lady her age, and then I realized that I'm now old enough to be this girl's dad. Weirdness...Anyway, no one was cited. I'm cool with that. I've been in her shoes (kinda). My jeep is getting old and it really didn't do that much damage. Just a cracked signal light and the plastic end of my bumper got ripped off. I didn't bother with insurance, because I could fix it myself for 50 bucks. My insurance would probably go up more than that if I reported it...So anyway, I finally got around to changing out that cracked blinker light when the gutter cleaners showed up. You know, they do that job quick. Probably the cheapest dudes in town judging by the quality of work. Know what I mean? Well, as they were leaving, I overheard one dude say, "There's a lot of dogshit in that backyard." Hmmm. I have 3 dogs. He could have been talking about my yard. I cleaned up feces in my yard a couple days prior, though. There was hardly any in my yard then. Out of the 9 units in my complex, 6 have at least 1 dog. Since I ruled myself out, I couldn't help but wonder which of my 5 neighbors with dogs has a yard full of dogshit. Sorry for the long post. (LC)

No comments:

Post a Comment